Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Laura Geller "Spackle Tinted Under Make-Up Primer"

I don't know how long it's been since I posted something, I was about to delete this blog when I saw that I had a bunch of comments waiting for me to reply. It made my day. I guess some people DO read what I have to say.
I don't have time to do makeup tutorials anymore, I have two kids now and they are so active its just impossible to do anything, and I also have a business. Anyways, I decided to dedicate this blog to reviews and reviews only. I will tell you my honest opinion on every single product I review. So here is the first one:
Laura Geller Spackle tinted under eye primer in Bronze...
I received this primer in one of my birchboxes. I was really excited to get it when I first saw it, I mean, you can never have too many primers, right?
I lost the card that came with the birchbox that explained that this specific color works on every skin tone... I thought that was really interesting being that it's a dark primer.


I am hispanic and if you've seen my photos on this blog, you know my skin tone. I am dark and this primer goes really nice on me, I just can't imagine it working on a white person. It's consistency its sort of like a runny lotion, I don't know how else to explain it. It's not thick but is not thin-watery either.


It's got sheen to it but its very hard to see. I applied this primer to my face with nothing else to see if it made any kind of difference and it didnt. Right after applying it I got this tight feeling, very strange. It was nothing like a Smashbox primer. If you've tried the smashbox primer, you know how your skin feels very silky afterwards. You feel it filling in your pores and just love it. This Laura Geller product feels nothing like it! After the tightness is gone it feels like you have nothing on (not in a good way).
All of that aside, does it work? I tested this primer for about a week, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary that would make love it, BUT i did see something that made me not want to use it anymore. I broke out with pimples like I was a 14 year old! It was freaking crazy! It was so bad I had to poke at them with a needle to be able to get the stuff out and begin healing (do not try this at home!), excuse the gross details... I am trying to make a point. I have never had any product do that to me. Even when I wear drugstore foundations I've never broke out this bad.
So here's the bottom line. It does work as a primer, but it breaks me out. When a product causes me to get pimples, it just doesn't matter how expensive, or fancy or cheap it is. It goes out the window. I think I am going to be sticking to my smashbox and Mac primers.






No comments:

Post a Comment