Thursday, December 22, 2011

REVIEW: MAC fluidline Gel liners

These gel liners retail for $15.00 each. They come in a variety of colors, I own the black and the brown ones. They come in a really cute jar and the net weight of the product itself is 0.10 oz. Sounds very little, doesn't it? I really like the packaging on these liners. The jars are made of glass and are small enough that you can take it with you when you go out and need retouches (you probably won't need to retouch!).


It's consistency is very creamy, very gel-like. Although it seems like you get so little product for $15.00 just a tiny bit goes a very long way.
I originally bought this product to use on my water line. If you know me well enough you know I am in love with everything smokey, when it comes to makeup. I had tried very many different eyeliners but you know that when it comes applying it to such a moist area, you really need a good one. I came accross the fluidlines on one of the youtube videos I watched a long time ago, this girl put it on her waterline and raved about it so I thought why not try it.
I am absolutely in love with this line of eyeliners. It's staying power is remarkable. It is really creamy and it has a window of time to smudge it, if that's what you are going for. It truly creates the perfect smokeyness.


Top = applied with an angled brush. Bottom= smudged with a MAC 219.


(I have two kids and I am constantly changing diapers and washing my hands, at the end of the day I still had to use makeup remover to wash it off!)



There is one down side to gel liners, not just this one, and that's the fact that in order to apply it you are going to need a brush. Nowadays you can find a decent eyeliner brush just about anywhere, I have seen some youtube gurus who buy them at Michaels Craft stores and claim them to be as good as any.
At the end of the day I would say that investing a little extra money on a gel liner like this is completely worth it, even if you have to buy a brush to go with it, I have been using mine for about 3 years and this is only my second jar. Keep in mind that when I do wear makeup I use a TON of liner, which your normal makeup wearer probably doesn't, and I have been able to make them last such a long time, so for a normal person who is not as obssesed as me these liners would last much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment