Thursday, January 12, 2012

REVIEW: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation


This foundation retails for a good $42.00.
This is a Matte finish, *full coverage* foundation that is recommended for all skin types.

My shade is Bisque 5



This is a very long lasting foundation. Lancome claims that it will last 14 hours, I can't really say that it does because I don't wear my makeup that long, but for the 8-10 hours I usually wear it, it does stay on.



*I wouldn't say it's "full" coverage, I would say it's more of a "heavy medium/buildable" coverage. It goes on really nice, you have to work on one area of the face at a time, rather than applying it all over the face and then blending. It dries quick, which brings me to my next point, it dries to a powder!



Application can be a little bit tricky, I think it takes a little bit to learn how to use it and make it look nice on you, but if you are willing to spend $42.00 on one product, I think you should be willing to take the time to work with it before deciding you don't like it.
When applying this product you MUST have a completely clean and smooth face. This is the kind of foundation that forces me to exoliate and moisturize daily. If you have any, and I mean ANY flakes, once the foundation dries you will be able to see them.



I have tried many different brushes but I have found that the MAC 130 is the best one for it. That is the amount I use for one third of my face. Which at the end of the day comes down to a pump and a half. Keep in mind thou, I like more coverage than your average Jane!
On the left photo I am wearing no makeup at all. Right photo, after having applied foundation. No concealer or anything else on. And this is what it looks like after doing all of my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment