Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Black smokey eyes.

I was watching an old episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" and Kim was wearing a black smokey eye that faded into a "mud" tone as it got closer to the crease and super dramatic false lashes, so this is me trying to recreate it on my own.


I absolutely love how this turned out, this is now one my favotire looks ever.
Let's get down to the stuff I used:
I knew I needed a "muddy" toned eyeshadow, and this one is the closest that I could come up with, I've had this shadow for a long time, about 7 years and it's from Yanbal but really couldn't tell you what it's called. I know Mac has a mud tone shadow as well that would work perfectly.

Please don't feel like you have to go buy these products to achieve this look, use what you've got already.
I used: The lightest shadow on my Smokebox Eyelights palette from Smashbox (for a highlighter).
Black Dog from UD's black palette.
The flesh toned eyeshadow from UD's yerba.
Painterly Paint pot from MAC
Lancome's black kohl eyeliner.
Sumptuous Mascara from Estee Lauder; and,
The mud toned shadow from Yanbal.

As usual, here is the before photo.

Prime your lids with Painterly, even under your lower lashes.

With a crease brush, apply the mud toned eyeshadow only on your crease, be sort of generous with it.

with a different brush apply black dog under your crease, on the area where you didn't put the mud shadow, like so:

You are going to have to play with the colors a little bit, applying more of the black as needed and blending it on the crease area with the mud shadow, so that the transition from one color to the next is smooth, I really hope that made sense.

With a clean brush, blend out the harsh edges and apply the fleshtone shadow on your crease, right where the colors end. Blend well. Also, apply your highlight on your brow bone.

Line your water line really good, be a little messy and apply plenty of eyeliner.

With a smudge brush, or a pencil type of brush, smudge the excess eyeliner under your lower lashes.
With the same smudge brush, apply the mud color on top of the black area under your lower lashes.

Apply eyeliner on. Go dramatic.

A couple of coats of mascara.

If you are going to wear false lashes, right now is the time to put them on.

I love false lashes.

And ta-dah!

On my cheeks: Mac's melba blush, Nars Laguna bronzer and Stila Illuminating finishing powder.
Lips: Lancome's Lipstick in Love it, Mac's lipglass in C-thru.

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty look! I just bought MAC's Melba and googled what to put it with. Will definitely go for a similar look to what you put together.

    ReplyDelete