Saturday, December 4, 2010

Foundation routine, updated

So I thought it was time to show you how I apply my foundation nowadays. I have changed some things since I posted my first foundation tutorial and as of right now I am extremely happy with the products I use and the time it takes me to do it.
This is what I use:
Mac prep and prime (primer), Lancome Nutrix Royal Body (lotion), Lancome teint idole ultra, I have two different shades because I found that mixing them both gives me the perfect shade for my skin tone; Clarins smoothing cream, Laura mercier concealer and setting powder AND (this is my newest, awesomest find!) bare escentuals heavenly blush brush.

It is extremely important to have a clean face to begin with. This is the "before" photo.

The very first thing that I do, after treating my face with my Clinique 3 step system, is apply a really moisturizing lotion all over my face, I use Lancome's Nutrix Royal Body, doing this will help reduce the appearance of flakes big time.
Next, apply a good quality primer all over your face. I absolutely love Mac Prep and Prime, this stuff is like glue! It will keep your makeup on that much longer.
Also, I forgot to take a photo of this step, but applied a very small amount of Clarins Smoothing cream on my "Smile Lines" and under my eyes, those are the areas where I am dried the most and Clarins takes perfect care of that for me so I don't get my foundation to look caked on later during the day.

I don't know if you have heard about this Sigma brush, a couple of the people I follow on youtube use it and they love it for foundation application, they prefer it over their own Mac brushes and I don't happen to have it and one day when I was looking through my brush collection I found this next baby:

This is my Bare Escentuals Heavenly blush brush. I've had it for about 5 years and barely ever used because I don't like this type of brush for blush application, and then I noticed that it looks a lot like the Sigma one, so I decided to try it out with my foundation... I'll tell you more about it in a second.

For my foundations, I mix two shades because my foundation doesn't have the "right" color for me, this works pretty great.

Once my foundations are mixed, I dip my brush in the liquid.

Here's the cool part about this brush. I kid you not: From the moment I dip the brush in the foundation mix, till the moment I am done applying it to my face it takes me about 90 seconds! How awesome is that! This brush is amazing!! I don't know how much better the Sigma brush would be but I am extremely happy with my BE one. It is so easy to apply your foundation on, there is no streaking at all and the finish is flawless. If you haven't tried a flat brush like this, I totally recomend you do!

Foundation all done.

I have serious undereye circles so I apply concealer on that area. If you do apply concealer under your eyes, make sure to be extra gentle and use your ring finger.

Before and After (I did my eyebrows and applied a little bit of blush as well)! I know, I still look like a ghost, but once you do your eyes and apply some color on your lips you'll look like a different person.
** If you noticed, I didn't apply ANY concealer AT ALL on my face except for under my eyes. I owe it all to Clinique's 3 step skin care system!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Lui,
    I thought you unconditionally loved your MAC 187 for foundation. Do you think your BE brush performs better than your 187?
    -Carla

    ReplyDelete