Monday, December 6, 2010

Going green, perfect for the holidays

This look was inspired by TiffanyD, my favorite youtube makeup guru. She recently did a tutorial on holiday greens and I loved it, so here is my version of it.

What I used: Urban Decay Yerba (only the green shadow of the palette), Smashbox Masquerade palette (again, only the green shadow), Stila Finishing powder in gold, Bare Escentuals gold powder (Can't remember the name of it, but its just a gold loose powder), Mac Delft paint pot, Mac Painterly Paint pot, Makeup forever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Black, Lancome Artliner in Black and Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara.

First: Apply Painterly all over your lids, all the way up to your brow.

With a brush, or your finger, apply a thin layer of delft from your crease down. Also do this under your lower lashes, leaving the inner corner of your eye clean.

With a brush, apply a generous amount of the green shadow in the Masquerade palette, all over delft, do not go above the crease. Apply this green shadow under your lower lashes as well.

With a clean brush, blend the edges, it doesn't have to look perfect, just try to blend it out as much as you can.

With a crease brush, apply some of the green shadow in the UD palette on your crease and outer corner of your lid, blending it well. This is going to add more definition to the look.

Now, apply a small amount of the Bare Escentuals gold powder on your crease, blending it really well. It should look something like this:

I guess I forgot to take a photo of this, but I also used a white eyeliner (any kind will do). Line your inner corner of your eyes with the white liner. Like so:

With a small brush, apply the BE gold powder on top of the white liner. Also, apply the Stila finishing powder in Gold on your brow bone.

Line your eyes. I did a super dramatic winged look.

Apply mascara, if you are not wearing false lashes, apply two or three coats on.
Also, line your lower and upper waterline with black eyeliner.

I am officially addicted to false lashes (thanks, Carla!), so I have mine on, I am wearing Model 21 Lashes.

And that's it. This is the final look:

On my cheeks I am wearing Nars Deep Throat and on my lips Lancome's Love it.
I hope you like this look!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lui!
    I am addicted to brown eyeshadows, but ever since you posted your UD Yerba tutorial and now this holiday one, I think I'm liking greens more and more now. You look very lovely in the pictures; great job!!!
    -Carla

    ReplyDelete