Monday, June 7, 2010

Review Time: Lancome Hypnôse Drama Mascara

Price: $24.50
Where to buy: Lancome.com, Lancome counters, Sephora, Sephora.com
Description: Hypnôse Drama mascara provides high volume lashes in a single stroke. The full contact brush, with its S-shaped curve, grasps and loads lashes for a fanned out, full body fringe.
My Opinion
As promised, here is my review of the Lancome Hypnôse Drama Mascara.  I got this mascara during my Memorial Day haul, I have been wanting to try it for a while since I read great reviews on it, so here is my own.
This Mascara is supposed to be used when you want that "wow!" factor, therefore the "drama" in its name.  But, does it really do as it claims?? YES! It does!
Let me tell you all... I LOVE this mascara!  It is so easy to apply and extremely hard to clump.  I know it has a weird "S" shape wand but that's what makes this mascara work so well.  I was very surprised to find that I was able to reach every single lash, even the ones on the outer corners of my eyes!  I didn't expect that from a mascara with a wand that is so big, but somehow it just works.
Lancome's website suggests ways of taking advantage of the "S" shape wand: The best way to apply Hypnôse Drama is to start with the brush at the root of the lashes. The curve of the brush should face up in a U shape. Using a zigzag movement, glide the brush up the lashes from root to tip. To create more drama, rotate the brush and use the longer bristles to fan out the lashes. This formula can also be layered and built for maximum volume without clumping.
Another thing, this mascara will give you a ton of volume and the look of false eyelashes with just ONE coat! How amazing is that!? Like I said earlier, it is very easy to apply, I didn't have to try hard at all and after the first time using it I was in love with it.  It won't flake throughout the day and it washes off with water and soap easily as well.  It does not irritate my eyes at all and when you make a little mistake (i.e. when you get mascara on your eyelid) it is easy to remove without messing up your makeup too much.  This is not a waterproof mascara, I haven't tried getting it wet and honestly I am not planning on doing that anyways.  I really like this mascara a lot so I do recomend it if you are looking to add volume to your lashes or to make your "smokey eyes" look more dramatic.  I give this a 5 out of 5.
Here are the before and after pictures:
Wearing no mascara at all.
After applying ONE coat on top and bottom lashes.
See the difference? 
Final look!
Just imagine how much more dramatic it would look if I had black eyeliner on!

3 comments:

  1. Do you ever get eczema from mascara's? I am hesitant about using anything because I seem to be allergic to everything. Does it have sodium lauryl sulfate listed as an ingredient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie!
    No, I have never got eczema from using mascara.
    I just went and got my mascara's box to check for the ingredients and it doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate in it, but it has sodium polymethacrylate, I am not really sure if it's the same or not. Is the sodium lauryl what you are allergic to?
    Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you have any questions do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know if you have any comments!

    ReplyDelete