Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beauty tip: Applying blush

I just wanted to share with you all the way I apply my blush. This doesn't mean this is the right or the wrong way of doing it, this is just how I do it and I think it works very well...
I know this is not the same makeup look I wear on the next photos but I do my blush the same way all the time... at least for now.
This is the stuff I use, feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Smashbox Naked Beauty High Lights / Creamy Cheek Color
Estee Lauder Signature Blush
Bare Escentuals Angle Blush Brush
Sigma SS131 Duo Fibre Powder Brush
I dip my angle brush into the cream blush, just a little bit, you don't want too much product on your brush.
Making a "fake smile" apply the blush on your cheekbone, angling the brush the way the photo shows.
Repeat steps on the other cheek. 
I am not done yet!  This is just half the process.
Dip the other brush into the powder blush... again, not too much.
Do the "fake smile" again and apply the blush on your cheekbone.  Angle the brush again.
Do the other cheek
With a clean brush blend the edges, we don't want any harsh lines showing. 
Since I am using dark eye makeup I went with a softer blush, but you can apply more or less product depending on the look you are going for.
The reason why I apply both cream blush and powder blush is because by layering powder on top of cream blush it will make it last a lot longer on your skin.

2 comments:

  1. I have never used an angle brush. Do you see a big difference using an angle brush as opposed to a regular cheek brush? Also, is the smashbox stuff a cream that you need to blend in and then you apply the Estee Lauder stuff over the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,
    When it comes to blush application I don't see a big difference between an angle brush vs a normal blush brush (not the tiny little brushes that usually come with a blush, those are worthless!), I do however, see a difference when it comes to "contouring" your face, I believe angle brushes are best for this purpose. I have a few different kinds of blush brushes that I use for different purposes (all for blush application), what I mean by this is that depending on the look that I am going for I will use a different brush, I hope this makes sense.
    The smashbox cream blush that I use is an actual blush, you don't need to use a powder blush on top of it if you don't want to, I choose to do so to give me a more "glowy" look and to make the blush last longer on my cheeks. You don't need to blend it too much, it's just like a regular blush, you just apply the amount you need and try to make it look natural. I hope this helped! If you have any more questions let me know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete