Sunday, June 6, 2010

Review time: Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

I almost didn't post anything today, it's been a long day but I owe it to my two loyal readers to try to post at least one thing a day, so here it is.
This is a review on the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (a makeup remover and cleanser in one for refreshingly clean skin).
Price: $4.99
Where to buy:  Any drugstore.
What is claims: Dermatologist tested cleanser effectively removes makeup and cleanses in one easy step.  Removes dirt and oil, makeup and waterproof eye makeup without stinging or irritating the sensitive eye area.
My opinion:
I don't really know much about Neutrogena, I've heard some good things about their foundations (which I personally have NOT tried yet) but that's about it.   I was looking for a drugstore cleanser that I could afford and came accross this one so I decided to give it a go.
This is a very gentle cleanser, it feels like liquid soap when you wash your face and it doesn't irritate your skin at all.  It is very easy to use. 
Here is what you really need to know:
I don't think that this product takes all of the makeup off of your skin.  When you wear liquid foundation it is very important to cleanse your face really good at the end of the day.  Also, if you wear heavy eye makeup like I do, even if it's not waterproof makeup, this cleanser won't take it off, you will need to use an eye makeup remover to get your eyes completely clean, so overall I don't think this is a very good cleanser.
One good way of checking how good your cleanser works is by cleaning your face with a cotton ball soaked with toner and seeing how clean it is.  I do this every time I cleanse my face and it usually looks dirty, I wouldn't feel like I got my face completely clean if I was to just use this cleanser.  
I wouldn't recommend you use this cleanser as your only step for washing your face.  I highly recommend you use a toner afterwords to get rid of the makeup that you will have left on your face AND have eye makeup remover on hand for when you are using heavy smokey eyes, because this cleanser won't get rid of it either.  I give this a 2 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Try Aqua Glycolic Face Wash. I LOVE that stuff and it will get your make-up off. I don't use it for the eyes, but it's great for your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,
    Where do you buy this product? Is it an over the counter face wash? I would be really interested in trying it. Thanks for the sugestion!

    ReplyDelete