Thursday, June 3, 2010

Review time: Murad Active Radiance Serum featuring Resilient-C Complex

Price: $89.00
Where to buy:  Sephora.com
Description: A rich, silky serum that restores a youthful, healthy glow to the skin.  It encourages collagen production to help skin resist environmental stress and damage. Its advanced formula boosts cell proliferation to reverse visible signs of aging. 
I have had this serum for a couple of months and just decided to write a review about it a couple of weeks ago so I had to stop using it for a little while to see what my skin would look like without using it and then again after using it for a few days.
Let me begin by saying this, I have never used a skin product with vitamin c before this and read a ton about it before deciding to get it (I didn't buy it, it was a rewards gift I received from making a purchase somewhere) and in most of the reviews people said that this product was great for overnight acne treatment and even though I don't have acne all the time, I do get it every now and then so I went ahead and chose it.
Ok, now back to the review: After not using it for a few days I noticed  little zits along my jaw line, nothing major, but they became one of those never-ending pimples, you know, the kind that won't go away no matter how many times you clean it or pop it.  My everyday skincare products do take care of most of my facial issues but nothing would get rid of those dang spots on my jaw line, seriously, nothing!  And then I finally started using this serum, I will tell you this much, it only took 2 days of using this product for me to get rid of my acne.  I haven't, however, seen any difference in the size of my pores or blemishes around my nose, but then again I've only used it for a few days.  This product also claims to give you a "glow" after a week of using it and I do see that on my face.  I think that if I've seen this results in a week, if I continue using it I will see even greater results.
You are supposed to apply a thin layer of this serum all over your face and neck right after toning your skin and then wait one minute for it to get absorbed and then apply your moisturizer.  Application is very easy and not messy, it doesn't have a bad smell to it. I read that some people got irritated by it but this didn't happen to me, I didn't have any allergic reactions to it or break outs from it.
Also, this serum comes in a very air tight and covered bottle and the reason for this is so that the vitamin C in it won't oxidize. It has a pump which is really nice so you can get the right amount of product every time and overall I would say it looks really nice... but do I think is worth it?  This serum is very, very expensive and you only get 1oz for your money.  I like it a lot but I don't think I will be buying it over and over again, instead I will use it as a "spot treatment" for when I have hard issues to deal with on my face.  I believe this product would work great as a spot acne treatment for those hard pimples we all need to get rid off.
Do I recomend it?  Yes, I do.  I think this product will do just what it says if you use it often.  I rate this serum a 7 out of 10 because of it's price and the low amount of product you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment