Saturday, June 5, 2010

Review Time: L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara

Price: $7.99
Where to buy: Any drugstore.
Description: This mascara is designed to lengthen, thicken, and separate 100% of the lashes. The patented Flexi-Globe Brush applies from every angle for a spectacularly fanned-out look.

My Opinion
This mascara is the low end version of the Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Mascara ($29.00 at Sephora.com). I personally haven’t tried this specific brand but I did my research on it and it is supposed to be pretty good at separating all lashes, even the ones on the outer corners of the eye.


But how does L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara compare to this Givenchy Mascara? I can’t really compare it but I will tell you what I think of it. First of all it is very affordable and that is a huge plus in my book. One big difference between these two mascaras is the length of the wand, L’Oreal’s mascara has a longer wand then the Givenchy one which can make it a little more difficult to apply but I think practice will perfect anyone’s technique.

When it comes to application, at first it can be a little hard to achieve the wanted results, it can be easy to clump BUT again, a little practice will take care of all of those issues. I think for almost a fourth of the price of the high end brand it is worth giving it a try.

I like this mascara a lot. It does separate each lash from end to end for a fanned out look. It doesn’t flake throughout the day and even though it doesn’t thicken the lashes as much as I would like it to I think it’s great for a more natural look. I personally prefer more drama on my lashes.  Here are the before and after pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment