Monday, May 24, 2010

Beauty Tip: How to get your eyeliner to last all day long

If you like using eyeliner but have had a hard time keeping it on all day, than this post is for you! Read on!
Using a good quality eyeliner is important, high end brands like Mac or Urban Decay will last you all day already, but if you don't have these products than this tips will really benefit you!
I have used many -MANY- different kinds of eyeliners in the past in search for the perfect one, I won't get into that right now, that's a different post, but for the sake of this post I will use my Mac Gel liner in Blacktrack and an eyeliner brush.  Please note that you can use this tips with any kind of eyeliner you use, it can be gel, liquid, pencil, whatever!
Begin by eyelining your eyes, I am doing a cat eye eyeliner today.  Make sure to apply it as close to your lash line as humanly possible, failure to do this will just make you look funny. For instructions on how to do a cat eye, click here
This next step is optional.  I like lining my waterline as well.  This will just give it a more defined illusion that I have thicker lashes.
I know it's not a pretty picture, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
The main purpose of eyeliner is to make your eye apper as if they have thicker, fuller lashes.  To achieve that you must apply your eyeliner correctly and as close to the lash line as possible.
Next, using a flat eyeliner brush (I got this one about 3 years ago, its a Maybelline one and I think it costed me about 3 dollars), you are going to apply black eyeshadow on top of your liner.  If you are using a different color or liner, make sure to match the eyeshadow to your eyeliner.
And go ahead and apply a coat of the black eyeshadow all over the liner.  The black eyeshadow will act as a "setting powder" for your liner and it will help keep it on a lot longer.
It will also help your eyeliner look more defined and the lines a lot sharper.
And there you have it, your eyeliner will last you all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment