Friday, May 21, 2010

Black Eye Shadow???

While I was applying my foundation and contemplating at the different looks and which one to go for today so I can look extra cute for my date with my husband tonight, I decided to go with my “usual” black smokey eye.
Black eye shadow can be scary to apply and to wear but to me it’s my favorite in the whole world, may be because I am really into the smokey eye look.

If you would like step by step instructions on how to get this eye look, leave me a comment.
So, when is it “ok” to wear black eye shadow? And how should we apply it? -Please remember, this is just my own personal opinion- here is what I think:
I am a free thinker and a free do-er (if there is such a thing), I don’t really follow rules when it comes to these things, I believe that if YOU feel comfortable wearing something you should go for it. I know some people think you can only wear certain looks during the night, or if you have a certain skin tone, or eye shape, or whatever. The bottom line, or “my” bottom line is that if applied tastefully, any color of eye shadow can look just great on you. What do I mean by “tastefully”? Well, I guess you can be the judge of that yourself, here are a few pictures of different ways of applying black eye shadow:


How to apply it? It all depends on what look you are going for, I like layering a purple shadow in my crease to give it that extra “dimension”, so when the light hits you right you will see a hint of that purple. I also think blending harsh edges is very important, thank goodness for makeup brushes! And some people will disagree with this (and that’s ok!) but it is my humble opinion that if you are going for a dramatic look on the eyes, you should wear a nude or skin tone lipstick, but hey, if you want to wear bright red lips while having a black smokey eye on, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment