Saturday, May 22, 2010

Review: Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara

Price: $18.00
Where to buy: Sephora.com, bareminerals counters, bareescentuals.com
What it claims to do: Accentuates and separates each lash for a flawless and well-defined finishing touch to your eyes.

Here’s what I think:
I’ve been using this mascara on and off for about a month now, and even though I don’t have the “full size” tube (I have a sample one that I got when I purchased a set of brushes at the BM counter), I have used it enough to tell you what I think.
My first impression was that this mascara wasn’t any better than any drugstore mascara I’ve had in the past, I thought for 18 dollars this thing better work twice as good, but that was just my first impression.
Application was not as easy as I expected it to be, I did not like the wand that it comes with and also you have to wipe most of the mascara off the wand and into the tube before applying it to your lashes or you will have some major clumping.
I think it has the “potential” of being a great mascara but you have to work hard at applying it, I’ve had it for a month and it still is somewhat complicated for me to use and that is not what I am about.
A couple of more things that I didn’t like about it is that it can be hard to layer, if you are going to apply a couple of layer on your lashes you need to do it one after the other, if you wait until it dries a bit than it starts getting ugly. The other thing is that it doesn’t hold your curls, I have to use an eyelash curler (I wasn’t blessed with those beautiful, perfectly curled eyelashes that my son has), and I noticed that after a couple of hours or wearing this mascara my lashes started getting back to their normal shape.
The good things I will say about it is that it lasts all day long, it won’t flake on you and it stays put. Does it separate and accentuate each lash? Well, yeah, it does, but it takes some work to get it to do it without clumping. Also, if applied right it will lengthen your lashes somewhat. If you are going for a dramatic look on your eyes I don’t believe this is the right mascara for you, this is more for a natural look.
Do I recommend it? That’s hard to say because you CAN achieve the results that the mascara promises, it just takes a lot of work to do it, so if you have the patience needed for it, than go ahead and buy it. As for me? I won’t be buying the full tube when my sample is gone. I would say I give this a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment