Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Review time: Clinique Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask


Price: $19.50
Where to buy: Clinique stores and counters.  Sephora and Sephora.com.
Description: Clay-based treatment for oily, pore-clogged, skin-under-stress.

I have used this mask for a month now and I must say I am very impressed by the results I achieved with it.
I have never used any other kind of mask besides this one so I guess I don't have a way of comparing it to anything, I did, however, read a ton about clay based masks before deciding to purchase this one and noticed how one of the main complains is that the clay irritates the skin.  I did not have that problem with this mask.
On sephora.com this product is rated 4.4 out of 5, which is a pretty good score I think.  This product is only to be used once a week.  When I first bought it I was a little worried about it not lasting too long, after all, for $19.50 I expect to have a product that will do what it says it will do and that it will last me a good while as well.  I will say this: my worries were completely unbased.
The instructions tell you to apply a thin layer all over your face and let it sit for 5 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.  When you first squirt the mask on your finger it sort of feels like a thicker cream or a thinner toothpaste, if that makes any sense. It doesn't have a bad smell at all and it's pretty easy to apply.  I always make sure to get my hair out of the way because it can get pretty messy.
I like to apply a little bit extra on the areas that I want more cleansing, like my nose, my chin and around my lips.  I don't really know if that makes a difference or not but I still do it.  When you first put it on your face it feels smooth, like a cream really, but as it sits for a few minutes it starts to harden and pretty soon it feels like you have dry mud on your face.  Washing it off is relatively easy, all you need is warm water. 
What about the results?  Right after you wash the mask off the first thing you notice is how soft and refreshed  your face is.  After my very first time using it I noticed that a good amount of my black heads had dissapeared.  After the second use (a week later) I had less black heads and now (a month later) I have absolutelly none.
Do I recommend it? YES! Absolutely yes.  This mask is amazing.  It doesn't irritate your skin and it does as it promises. Is it pricey? Well, yes it is, but one tube will last you a long time!  I would say I still have about 70% of the mask left.  I don't have anything bad to say about this product so I give it a 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment