Saturday, May 29, 2010

Drugstore Find/Review: N.Y.C Cover Stick in Green

I went to walmart yesterday and stopped by the cosmetics section to see if there was something that would call my name.  I am not a big fan of drugstore makeup mostly because they usually make me break out but I still wanted to try something new so I gave it a "go!". 
I bought a few things that I am going to be posting reviews of in the next week or so but I couldn't help myself to tell you about this NYC concealer I am currently trying. 
The NYC website retails this concealer for $1.99 but I am pretty sure I paid $1.39 at Walmart (I lost my receipt, so me!).  They come in a variety of colors but I just got the one in green.  I figured if it doesn't work I am not going to loose that much money.
I will be honest with you all, I was not excited at all to try it.  I guess I always think you get your money's worth when you buy something and I didn't think I would get that much out of this really inexpensive concealer... I was wrong!
If you read my very first post you know that I prefer Make Up For Ever Concealer Palettes, this palette retails for $39.00 and it comes with 5 different colors, including green to counteract redness.  That is a lot of money to spend on concealer and you still need to buy a brush to apply it with but I still bought it and liked it a lot.  I am telling you this because I will be comparing my NYC cover stick to the MUFE concealer palette, specifically the green color.
I didn't think to take a "before" picture until after I had applied foundation on half of my face.
Here are some of the things that I liked about it the most as I was applying it today, please notice I have only wore it ONCE, as far as I am concerned this concealer is still on the "testing" stage.
1.- It comes with quite a bit of product, I would dare to say that it has maybe twice as much as my green concealer on my MUFE palette.
2.- Application was extremely easy. I didn't need to use a brush.
3.- I didn't have to get my fingers dirty trying to blend it , I guess I could have if I wanted to but since I apply it before my foundation I really see no point on doing that.
Half of my face already has foundation on.  It looks just as good as if I had applied my MUFE concealer.
(On my forehead I am using my regular mufe concealer, I only bought NYC concealer in green
Right after I applied foundation my cheek... I think it looks pretty flawless, if you ask me.  
What do you all think?  Looks pretty good, blemish free! 
Something else I noticed:  I usually do TWO pumps of my foundation for my whole face BUT today I had all of this foundation left... could it be because I needed less coverage because of this new concealer?  Too early to tell but I was very happy to have used less foundation.

I will be posting an update of this product tomorrow morning and in three days.  I still need to see how long and how well it stay on my face AND the most important thing, if will make me break out.
As of right now I am extremely happy with this product.  I won't be buying any more colors until I test it a little longer and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will work for me.

If you would like to read the "next day update" on this concealer, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment